an Episode Guide
|aired from: Oct 1960
to: Apr 1968
|CBS||30 min||mono||black & white/color|
Original Episode # Prod # Air Date Episode Title ____ _______ ________ ___________ ___________________________________________
Pilot 1960 (an episode of the Danny Thomas Show, "Make Room for Daddy")
- P- 1 15 Feb 60 Danny Meets Andy Griffith Danny Williams meets a rural sheriff. 1st Season 1960 (black & white)
- 1- 1 001 3 Oct 60 The New Housekeeper Andy and Opie make room in their home (and hearts) for a new housekeeper: Andy's Aunt Bee.
- 1- 2 002 10 Oct 60 The Manhunt The state police ask Andy and Barney to step aside while they search for an escaped convict in Mayberry.
- 1- 3 003 17 Oct 60 The Guitar Player Andy schemes to help a young local guitarist (James Best).
- 1- 4 006 24 Oct 60 Ellie Comes to Town Andy is smitten by Mayberry's new "pharmacy gal"--Miss Ellie Walker (Elinor Donahue).
- 1- 5 007 31 Oct 60 Irresistible Andy Andy comes to believe that Ellie is a "deadly female hunter" out to marry him.
- 1- 6 004 7 Nov 60 Runaway Kid Opie befriends an eight-year-old runaway.
- 1- 7 009 14 Nov 60 Andy the Matchmaker Andy, trying to lift Barney's spirits, stages a minor robbery and tries to match his deputy with a shy seamstress (Amzie Strickland).
- 1- 8 005 28 Nov 60 Opie's Charity Andy becomes upset when Opie contributes a measly three cents to the Underprivileged Children's drive.
- 1- 9 008 5 Dec 60 A Feud Is a Feud Andy strives to end a long-running feud between two neighboring families.
- 1-10 012 12 Dec 60 Ellie for Council Ellie's decision to run for town council sparks a battle of the sexes.
- 1-11 011 19 Dec 60 Christmas Story A modern-day Scrooge (businessman Ben Weaver) causes trouble on Christmas Eve.
- 1-12 010 26 Dec 60 Stranger in Town Mayberrians (especially Barney) become suspicious of a stranger (William Lanteau) who seems to possess knowledge about everyone.
- 1-13 013 2 Jan 61 Mayberry Goes Hollywood Almost everyone puts on airs when a Hollywood film crew decides to use Mayberry as the backdrop for a movie.
- 1-14 014 9 Jan 61 The Horse Trader Ignoring his own advice to Opie, Andy plays fast and loose with the facts when trying to sell the old town cannon.
- 1-15 015 16 Jan 61 Those Gossipin' Men After Andy teases the fairer sex about gossiping, Aunt Bee pulls a prank to prove that men are gossips, too.
- 1-16 020 23 Jan 61 The Beauty Contest Andy is chosen to be the sole judge of a local beauty pageant. The entrants include Floyd's niece, the mayor's daughter and Ellie Walker.
- 1-17 017 30 Jan 61 Alcohol an d Old Lace Andy and Barney, on a still-smashing spree, are surprised when a trail leads them to two spinster sisters.
- 1-18 018 6 Feb 61 Andy the Marriage Counselor Andy counsels a Mayberry couple who are constantly bickering with each other.
- 1-19 019 13 Feb 61 Mayberry on Record Andy becomes suspicious when a record promoter (Hugh Marlowe) comes to town to gather material for a folk music album.
- 1-20 016 20 Feb 61 Andy Saves Barney's Morale Barney's overzealous policing enrages the people of Mayberry.
- 1-21 021 27 Feb 61 Andy and the Gentleman Crook An infamous con artist (Dan Tobin), held temporarily in Mayberry, manages to enchant everyone except Andy.
- 1-22 022 6 Mar 61 Cyrano Andy Andy tries to help Barney express his lovestruck feelings for Thelma Lou.
- 1-23 023 13 Mar 61 Andy and Opie, Housekeepers Andy and Opie go to great lengths to show Aunt Bee what a mess they'd be without her.
- 1-24 024 27 Mar 61 The New Doctor A handsome new doctor (George Nader) arouses suspicion in Aunt Bee and Barney and jealousy in Andy.
- 1-25 025 3 Apr 61 A Plaque for Mayberry Mayor Pike (Dick Elliott) and the townspeople are shocked to discover that the last living descendant of Revolutionary War hero, Nathan Tibbs, is Mayberry's town drunk, Otis Campbell.
- 1-26 026 10 Apr 61 The Inspector A by-the-book courthouse inspector (Tod Andrews) condemns Andy and Barney's lack of proper procedure.
- 1-27 027 17 Apr 61 Ellie Saves a Female Ellie encourages and helps a female farmhand (Edris March) to express her femininity.
- 1-28 028 24 Apr 61 Andy Forecloses Grumpy businessman Ben Weaver insists that Andy foreclose on a down-on-his-luck neighbor.
- 1-29 029 1 May 61 Quiet Sam Barney is suspicious of Mayberry's mysterious new farmer (William Schallert).
- 1-30 030 8 May 61 Barney Gets His Man An escaped convict vows revenge on the man who sent him back to prison--Barney Fife.
- 1-31 031 15 May 61 The Guitar Player Returns Mayberry guitarist Jim Lindsey (James Best), a success as a solo artist, returns to a hero's welcome. However, Andy suspects trouble.
- 1-32 032 22 May 61 Bringing Up Opie Aunt Bee, believing that the jailhouse environment is adversely affecting Opie, forbids the lad to spend time at the courthouse. 2nd Season 1961
- 2- 1 034 2 Oct 61 Opie and the Bully A schoolboy bully makes life miserable for seven-year-old Opie.
- 2- 2 033 9 Oct 61 Barney's Replacement Barney believes that Andy is grooming a new man (Mark Miller) to replace him as deputy.
- 2- 3 035 16 Oct 61 Andy and the Woman Speeder A stubborn but charming lady speeder (Jean Hagen) makes life difficult for Andy.
- 2- 4 039 23 Oct 61 Mayberry Goes Bankrupt Mayberrian Frank Myers (Andy Clyde) and his neighbors are shocked when it becomes apparent that the township owes him nearly $350,000.
- 2- 5 036 30 Oct 61 Barney on the Rebound A scheming young couple victimizes Barney, after a tiff with Thelma Lou.
- 2- 6 040 13 Nov 61 Opie's Hobo Friend A ne'er-do-well vagrant (Buddy Ebsen) has a bad influence on Opie.
- 2- 7 041 20 Nov 61 Crime-free Mayberry Andy and Barney are honored for achieving th e lowest crime-rate in the country.
- 2- 8 037 27 Nov 61 The Perfect Female Barney and his sweetheart play cupid as they match Andy up with Thelma Lou's cousin (Gail Davis).
- 2- 9 038 4 Dec 61 Aunt Bee's Brief Encounter Aunt Bee begins a relationship with a traveling handyman (Edgar Buchanan).
- 2-10 042 11 Dec 61 The Clubmen Andy and Barney become prospective members of an exclusive men's club in Raleigh.
- 2-11 043 18 Dec 61 The Pickle Story Andy, Barney and Opie find themselves in a real pickle when they pretend to love Aunt Bee's homemade "kerosene cucumbers."
- 2-12 044 25 Dec 61 Sheriff Barney Impressed by Mayberry's low crime-rate, officials from a neighboring town ask Barney to become their sheriff.
- 2-13 045 1 Jan 62 The Farmer Takes a Wife A gregarious farmer (Alan Hale, Jr.) comes to town to choose a wife. Unfortunately for Barney, he chooses Thelma Lou.
- 2-14 046 8 Jan 62 Keeper of the Flame Opie joins a secret kids club, headquartered in a neighboring farmer's barn. When the barn goes up in flames, more than one secret is revealed.
- 2-15 047 15 Jan 62 Bailey's Bad Boy A spoiled young man (Bill Bixby), arrested for speeding, threatens to use his father's clout against Andy unless charges are dismissed.
- 2-16 048 22 Jan 62 The Manicurist A voluptuous manicurist (Barbara Eden) sets up shop in Mayberry and unintentionally provokes trouble between husbands and wives.
- 2-17 049 29 Jan 62 The Jinx Barney becomes convinced that a local man (John Qualen) is a true jinx.
- 2-18 050 5 Feb 62 Jailbreak Barney inadvertently allows a fugitive (Allan Melvin) to escape from the Mayberry Jail.
- 2-19 051 12 Feb 62 A Medal for Opie Opie displays poor sportsmanship after finishing last in the 50-yard dash at the annual Sheriff's Boys Day meet.
- 2-20 052 19 Feb 62 Barney and the Choir Barney joins the Mayberry choir, which isn't exactly "music" to his fellow choir members' ears.
- 2-21 053 26 Feb 62 Guest of Honor A traveling salesman passing through town (Jay Novello) is selected as Mayberry's guest of honor. Unfortunately, he's a pickpocket.
- 2-22 054 5 Mar 62 The Merchant of Mayberry Andy helps a frazzled local salesman (Sterling Holloway) become established--to the chagrin of feisty Ben Weaver.
- 2-23 055 12 Mar 62 Aunt Bee the Warden When the Mayberry jail cells are full, Andy has little choice but to temporarily incarcerate the town drunk, Otis Campbell, in his home. Aunt Bee, to whom Otis refers as "Bloody Mary," proves to be an effective warden.
- 2-24 056 19 Mar 62 The County Nurse Mayberry's county nurse, Mary Simpson, is determined to give tetanus shots to everyone who needs one. Farmer Rafe Hollister is just as determined to avoid her.
- 2-25 057 26 Mar 62 Andy and Barney in the Big City While on a business trip, Andy and Barney become involved in a cat and mouse game between a hotel detective and a notorious jewel thief.
- 2-26 058 2 Apr 62 Wedding Bells for Aunt Bee Believing that her presence is holding Andy back from pursuing a wife, Aunt Bee considers a relationship with a man she can barely tolerate--dry cleaner H. Fred Goss.
- 2-27 059 9 Apr 62 Three's a Crowd Andy would like to spend some time alone with Mary Simpson, but Barney keeps turning up lik e a bad penny.
- 2-28 060 16 Apr 62 The Bookie Barber Floyd inadvertently allows a bookie (Herb Vigran) to set up business in his barbershop.
- 2-29 061 23 Apr 62 Andy on Trial A simple speeding ticket so enrages an out-of-town newspaper publisher (Roy Roberts), he sends an undercover reporter (Ruta Lee) to Mayberry to dig up dirt on Sheriff Taylor.
- 2-30 062 30 Apr 62 Cousin Virgil Barney's clumsy young cousin (Michael Pollard) stops by for a visit and manages to wreak havoc at the courthouse.
- 2-31 063 7 May 62 Deputy Otis Otis is allowed to pose as one of Andy's deputies in order to convince his visiting brother that he is not the black sheep his family was certain he would become. 3rd Season 1962
- 3- 1 066 1 Oct 62 Mr. McBeevee Andy and Barney believe Opie is letting his imagination get the best of him when the boy describes a new friend (Karl Swenson) who jingles when he walks and has twelve extra hands.
- 3- 2 067 8 Oct 62 Andy's Rich Girlfriend Upon discovering that Peggy comes from a wealthy family, Andy begins to worry that he is too unsophisticated for her.
- 3- 3 069 15 Oct 62 Andy and the New Mayor Andy butts heads with the town's strict new mayor (Parley Baer).
- 3- 4 065 22 Oct 62 Andy and Opie--Bachelors When Peggy looks after Andy and Opie while Aunt Bee is away, Floyd's teasing causes Andy to wonder if marriage is foremost on the lovely lady's mind.
- 3- 5 070 29 Oct 62 The Cow Thief When cows in Mayberry begin to disappear, Mayor Stoner brings in a special investigator.
- 3- 6 068 5 Nov 62 Barney Mends a Broken Heart Barney, believing that Andy has split up with Peggy, begins a find-a-girl-for-Andy movement.
- 3- 7 073 12 Nov 62 Lawman Barney Barney is intimidated by a pair of ordinance-breaking produce farmers.
- 3- 8 072 19 Nov 62 The Mayberry Band Andy schemes to get the ragtag Mayberry Band into a Raleigh band festival.
- 3- 9 071 26 Nov 62 Floyd the Gay Deceiver Lonely Hearts Correspondence Club member, Floyd Lawson, is about to meet his wealthy widowed pen pal (Doris Dowling). The trouble is, Floyd has misrepresented himself as a millionaire.
- 3-10 064 3 Dec 62 Opie's Rival Opie senses a change in his relationship with his father when Andy begins dating Peggy MacMillan.
- 3-11 074 10 Dec 62 Convicts-at-Large Barney and Floyd become the unwitting (and hilarious) victims of three female escapees (Reta Shaw, Jane Dulo, Jean Carson).
- 3-12 075 17 Dec 62 The Bed Jacket Aunt Bee hints that a frilly bed jacket would be a wonderful gift for her upcoming birthday. Is Andy listening?
- 3-13 078 24 Dec 62 The Bank Job Barney believes that the Mayberry Security Bank is an easy target for robbers.
- 3-14 079 31 Dec 62 One-Punch Opie Opie is dismayed when his friends fall under the influence of a wayward nine-year-old.
- 3-15 076 7 Jan 63 Barney and the Governor Barney is nervous after he tickets the governor's chauffeur (Rance Howard) for illegal parking. Could his job be in jeopardy?
- 3-16 077 14 Jan 63 Man in a Hurry A harried Charlotte businessman (Robert Emhardt) finds himself stranded in Mayberry. A Mayberry classic.
- 3-17 080 21 Jan 63 High Noon in Mayberry A man Andy once shot and sen t to prison (Leo Gordon) decides to pay him a visit "to set the record straight." Barney is very concerned.
- 3-18 081 28 Jan 63 The Loaded Goat Farmer Cy Hudgins' goat, Jimmy, may have consumed a large quantity of dynamite.
- 3-19 082 4 Feb 63 Class Reunion Andy and Barney orchestrate and attend a very memorable class reunion.
- 3-20 083 11 Feb 63 Rafe Hollister Sings Farmer Rafe Hollister auditions for the Ladies League Musicale and snobbery rears its ugly head.
- 3-21 084 18 Feb 63 Opie and the Spoiled Kid A selfish and spoiled new boy in town sets a poor example for Opie.
- 3-22 085 25 Feb 63 The Great Filling Station Robbery A wayward young man, whom Andy is trying to help, is accused of a series of thefts from Wally's filling station.
- 3-23 086 4 Mar 63 Andy Discovers America Opie experiences trouble with history and is not exactly thrilled with his new teacher, "Old Lady" Crump (Aneta Corsaut).
- 3-24 087 11 Mar 63 Aunt Bee's Medicine Man Andy suspects that a traveling medicine man (John Dehner)'s magic "Indian Elixir" may be responsible for Aunt Bee's uplifted spirits.
- 3-25 088 18 Mar 63 The Darlings Are Coming An eccentric musical mountain family descends into Mayberry to welcome home a soon-to-be member of the clan. Denver Pyle and the bluegrass band, the Dillards, guest star.
- 3-26 089 25 Mar 63 Andy's English Valet An English valet (Bernard Fox), bicycling across America, takes a temporary job in Mayberry.
- 3-27 090 1 Apr 63 Barney's First Car Barney purchases his first car from a kindly little lady (Ellen Corby). Neither the car nor its former owner are as advertised.
- 3-28 091 8 Apr 63 The Rivals When Opie's young girlfriend ignores him, the lad finds himself a new one--Thelma Lou. Barney is not amused.
- 3-29 092 15 Apr 63 A Wife for Andy Barney does his best to find an eligible young woman for Andy.
- 3-30 093 22 Apr 63 Dogs, Dogs, Dogs Andy, Barney and Opie find themselves sharing the courthouse with eleven dogs. To complicate matters, a jailhouse inspector is expected at any moment.
- 3-31 094 29 Apr 63 Mountain Wedding Briscoe Darling enlists Andy and Barney's aid in keeping wild mountain man Ernest T. Bass (Howard Morris) at bay.
- 3-32 095 6 May 63 The Big House Barney and a newly-deputized Gomer Pyle are put in charge of things while Andy participates in a manhunt. George Kennedy appears as a Memphis detective. 4th Season 1963
- 4- 1 101 30 Sep 63 Opie the Birdman Opie kills a mother bird with his slingshot and is forced to become her babiesŐ surrogate mother.
- 4- 2 098 7 Oct 63 The Haunted House Two of Mayberry's bravest souls--Barney and Gomer--enter an old abandoned (and, purportedly, haunted) house.
- 4- 3 099 14 Oct 63 Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army When Mayberry's resident wild man is barred from enlisting in the Army, Ernest T. Bass goes on a glass-breaking rampage.
- 4- 4 100 21 Oct 63 The Sermon for Today Inspired by the day's church sermon (What's Your Hurry?), several Mayberrians decide to organize a relaxing band concert.
- 4- 5 096 28 Oct 63 Briscoe Declares for Aunt Bee Attracted by her "rose poetry" and fine cooking, Briscoe Darling kidnaps Aunt Bee.
- 4- 6 097 4 Nov 63 Gomer the Hou se Guest Gomer, having lost his job and living quarters in one fell swoop, takes up temporary residence in the Taylor household.
- 4- 7 102 11 Nov 63 A Black Day for Mayberry A truck carrying gold is scheduled to travel through Mayberry while en route to Fort Knox.
- 4- 8 103 18 Nov 63 Opie's Ill-Gotten Gain Opie is rewarded with a new bike after receiving straight A's. However, due to a mistake, Opie decides to run away from home.
- 4- 9 105 25 Nov 63 A Date for Gomer Girl-shy Gomer Pyle is asked to escort Thelma Lou's homely cousin, Mary Grace Gossage (Mary Grace Canfield), to the Chamber of Commerce dance.
- 4-10 104 2 Dec 63 Up in Barney's Room Barney's dear friend and landlord, Mrs. Mendelbright, kicks him out of his room after being taken in by an elderly con man (J. Pat O'Malley).
- 4-11 106 16 Dec 63 Citizen's Arrest A war between Barney and Gomer erupts after Barney arrests Gomer for making an illegal U-turn.
- 4-12 108 30 Dec 63 Opie and His Merry Men Opie and his friends are taken in by a dishonest hobo.
- 4-13 109 6 Jan 64 Barney and the Cave Rescue Barney comes to the rescue when he believes Andy and Helen are trapped in Lost Lover's Cave.
- 4-14 110 13 Jan 64 Andy and Opie's Pal Opie gets jealous when Andy pays more attention to a new boy in town who doesn't have a father.
- 4-15 111 20 Jan 64 Aunt Bee the Crusader Aunt Bee and her friends anger Andy and Barney when they come to the support of a local farmer (Charles Lane) who is being evicted.
- 4-16 112 27 Jan 64 Barney's Sidecar Mayberry is in mayhem after Barney buys an old motorcycle with a sidecar in order to enhance the town's law enforcement.
- 4-17 113 3 Feb 64 My Fair Ernest T. Bass Andy steps into the role of Professor Henry Higgins to transform wild mountain man Ernest T. Bass into a sophisticated gentleman.
- 4-18 114 10 Feb 64 Prisoner of Love This off-beat episode features Andy and Barney falling for a beautiful female prisoner (Susan Oliver) who is being held at the Mayberry jail.
- 4-19 115 17 Feb 64 Hot Rod Otis Andy and Barney fear for Otis Campbell's safety when he decides to buy a car.
- 4-20 116 24 Feb 64 The Song Festers Barney gets discouraged when Gomer replaces him in the choir.
- 4-21 117 2 Mar 64 The Shoplifters Barney goes to extreme measures in order to discover who is shoplifting at the Department Store.
- 4-22 118 9 Mar 64 Andy's Vacation There is no peace for Andy when he leaves Deputy Fife in charge of the courthouse.
- 4-23 119 16 Mar 64 Andy Saves Gomer Andy begins to wish that he hadn't saved Gomer's life when the well-meaning mechanic cannot do enough to repay the debt.
- 4-24 120 23 Mar 64 Bargain Day Aunt Bee learns the hard way that buying at bargain prices isn't always the right decision.
- 4-25 121 30 Mar 64 Divorce, Mountain Style Charlene Darling Wash enlists the aid of Andy and Barney to use mountain folklore in order to divorce her husband (Bob Denver).
- 4-26 122 6 Apr 64 A Deal Is a Deal Barney and Gomer take it upon themselves to get Opie and his pals out of a selling scam with the Miracle Salve Company.
- 4-27 123 13 Apr 64 Fun Girls When the "fun girls" from Mt. Pilot return to Mayberry, Andy and Barney are soon in trouble with Helen and Thelma Lou.
- 4-28 124 20 Apr 64 The Return of Malcolm Merriweather Andy believes that Aunt Bee is working too hard, so he asks Malcolm Merriweather to help her with the household duties.
- 4-29 125 27 Apr 64 The Rumor When Barney spots Andy and Helen in Sterling's Jewelry Store, he starts telling everyone in town that the pair are getting married.
- 4-30 126 4 May 64 Barney and Thelma Lou, Phfftt When Barney starts taking Thelma Lou for granted, she tosses him a curve by going out with Gomer Pyle!
- 4-31 127 11 May 64 Back to Nature Barney proves to be a poor woodsman and pioneer when he goes on a camping trip with Andy, Gomer, Opie and a group of Opie's friends.
- 4-32 107 18 May 64 Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. Gomer decides that he wants to join the Marine Corps. Andy attempts to discourage him, but Gomer is determined to succeed. 5th Season 1964
- 5- 1 132 21 Sep 64 Opie Loves Helen Helen has to find a way to let Opie down easy when he comes down with a bad case of "puppy love."
- 5- 2 131 28 Sep 64 Barney's Physical Barney has one week to gain seven pounds and grow one full inch in order to meet the new civil service weight and height requirements.
- 5- 3 129 5 Oct 64 Family Visit Andy is not thrilled to learn that Aunt Bee's gossiping sister Nora (Maudie Prickett), her annoying husband Ollie (James Westerfield) and their two boys are coming to Mayberry for an extended visit.
- 5- 4 133 12 Oct 64 The Education of Ernest T. Bass In order to win the heart of a girl back in the mountains, Ernest T. returns to Mayberry to get an education...at any cost!
- 5- 5 130 19 Oct 64 Aunt Bee's Romance Andy is not happy with Aunt Bee's decision to date a conniving elderly gentleman named Roger Hanover (Wallace Ford).
- 5- 6 128 26 Oct 64 Barney's Bloodhound To Andy's dismay, Barney enlists the aid of an old bloodhound named Blue to track an escaped criminal.
- 5- 7 134 2 Nov 64 Man in the Middle It's mayhem in Mayberry when Andy tries to console Barney after an argument with Thelma Lou.
- 5- 8 135 9 Nov 64 Barney's Uniform Barney is scared to death of a local bully (Allan Melvin) who has threatened to beat him up if he ever catches him in his civvies.
- 5- 9 136 16 Nov 64 Opie's Fortune Opie finds a change purse containing fifty dollars. Andy promises that it will be his if the rightful owner doesn't claim it in one week.
- 5-10 137 23 Nov 64 Goodbye, Sheriff Taylor Barney discovers that the role of Mayberry sheriff is not so easy when Andy travels to Raleigh to interview for a detective job.
- 5-11 138 30 Nov 64 The Pageant The Mayberry Centennial Pageant is featuring a play about the founding of Mayberry.
- 5-12 139 7 Dec 64 The Darling Baby The Darling family returns to Mayberry. This time Charlene brings her three-month-old daughter Andelina in order to find a young boy, such as Opie, to become betrothed to the baby.
- 5-13 140 14 Dec 64 Andy and Helen Have Their Day Andy and Helen have an awful time while trying to enjoy a picnic, thanks to the one and only Barney Fife.
- 5-14 142 21 Dec 64 Three Wishes for Opie Superstitious Barney believes that the spirit of Count Istvan Teleky is the reason that wishes are coming true in Mayberry.
- 5-15 141 28 Dec 64 Otis Sues the County Otis hires a shyster attorney (Jay Novello) after he trips and falls while exiting his jail cell.
- 5-16 143 4 Jan 65 Barney Fife, Realtor Barney tries to earn some extra money by becoming a real estate agent.
- 5-17 144 11 Jan 65 Goober Takes a Car Apart Andy wishes he had not allowed Goober to run the courthouse in his absence.
- 5-18 145 18 Jan 65 The Rehabilitation of Otis After an argument with Barney, Otis decides to do his drinking elsewhere.
- 5-19 146 25 Jan 65 The Lucky Letter Barney is intimidated by Andy not to respond to a chain letter.
- 5-20 147 1 Feb 65 Goober and the Art of Love Goober goes out on an awkward date with Lydia Crosswaithe.
- 5-21 148 8 Feb 65 Barney Runs for Sheriff Andy and Barney square off for the upcoming sheriff's election in Mayberry.
- 5-22 149 15 Feb 65 If I Had a Quarter-Million Barney discovers a briefcase containing $250,000, and is soon taken in by the con man who lost it (Al Checco).
- 5-23 150 1 Mar 65 TV or Not TV A group of crooks (Gavin MacLeod, Barbara Stuart) try to take advantage of Andy and Barney while posing as a television crew.
- 5-24 151 8 Mar 65 Guest in the House A visiting young female friend (Jan Shutan) of Aunt Bee's falls in love with Andy while on the rebound.
- 5-25 152 15 Mar 65 The Case of the Punch in the Nose Barney brews up trouble when he attempts to solve an old assault case between Floyd the barber and grocer Charlie Foley.
- 5-26 153 22 Mar 65 Opie's Newspaper In order to increase sales of his newspaper, Opie starts printing some local gossip he hears around town.
- 5-27 154 29 Mar 65 Aunt Bee's Invisible Beau Aunt Bee makes up a story that she is romantically involved with the butter and egg man when she believes she is responsible for Andy and Helen not getting married.
- 5-28 155 5 Apr 65 The Arrest of the Fun Girls The "fun girls" from Mt. Pilot make one final trip to Mayberry. Once again, Andy and Barney soon find themselves in hot water.
- 5-29 156 12 Apr 65 The Luck of Newton Monroe Barney jails a down-on-his-luck travelling salesman (Don Rickles) for selling faulty merchandise.
- 5-30 157 19 Apr 65 Opie Flunks Arithmetic Andy becomes concerned when Opie gets a "D" in arithmetic. Of course, Barney adds more fuel to the fire.
- 5-31 158 26 Apr 65 Opie and the Carnival Opie is taken in by two shady carnival workers when he attempts to win Andy an electric razor at the shooting gallery
- 5-32 159 3 May 65 Banjo-Playing Deputy While Barney is away, Aunt Bee persuades Andy to deputize an inept musician friend of hers (Jerry Van Dyke). 6th Season 1965 (now in color)
- 6- 1 161 13 Sep 65 Opie's Job When Opie wrecks his bike, he decides to compete with another boy for a grocery store job.
- 6- 2 163 20 Sep 65 Andy's Rival Andy worries that he is losing Helen to another teacher (Charles Aidman) who seems to be an expert at everything.
- 6- 3 164 27 Sep 65 Malcolm at the Crossroads Malcolm Merriweather and Ernest T. Bass make their final appearances in this story about which one of the two is the best school crossing guard.
- 6- 4 160 4 Oct 65 Aunt Bee, the Swinger Aunt Bee begins da ting an ex-congressman named John Canfield (Charles Ruggles).
- 6- 5 162 11 Oct 65 The Bazaar Andy is irate at his new deputy, Warren Ferguson, when he enforces the full letter of the law.
- 6- 6 169 18 Oct 65 A Warning from Warren Warren believes that his powers of ESP are telling him to keep Andy and Helen from going to a picnic at Myers Lake.
- 6- 7 166 25 Oct 65 Off to Hollywood Andy decides to take Aunt Bee and Opie with him to watch the filming of the story of his life, "Sheriff Without a Gun," in Hollywood.
- 6- 8 167 1 Nov 65 Taylor's in Hollywood Andy and Opie are shocked to see how horrible the production of "Sheriff Without a Gun" is. On the other hand, Aunt Bee thinks itŐs great!
- 6- 9 168 8 Nov 65 The Hollywood Party Andy falls for the beautiful actress (Ruta Lee) who stars in "Sheriff Without a Gun." Back in Mayberry, Helen gets suspicious.
- 6-10 165 15 Nov 65 Aunt Bee on TV Aunt Bee begins getting on her friendŐs nerves when she brags about winning on a game show while in California.
- 6-11 172 22 Nov 65 The Cannon Andy makes the mistake of allowing Warren to be in charge of security during the Founder's Day celebration.
- 6-12 170 29 Nov 65 A Man's Best Friend Gullible Goober is taken in by Opie and a mischievous friend when they secretly plant a small walkie-talkie under Goober's dog's collar.
- 6-13 171 6 Dec 65 Aunt Bee Takes a Job Aunt Bee decides to take a job as a receptionist at a new printing shop in Mayberry. Too bad she doesn't wonder why her bosses only use green ink!
- 6-14 174 13 Dec 65 The Church Organ Clara Edwards turns on her feminine charms in order to secure a new church organ.
- 6-15 173 20 Dec 65 Girl-Shy Warren's bad habit of sleepwalking gets him in hot water with Andy and Helen.
- 6-16 175 3 Jan 66 Otis the Artist Warren attempts to stop Otis from drinking by getting him interested in mosaics.
- 6-17 176 10 Jan 66 The Return of Barney Fife Barney Fife returns to Mayberry for his class reunion. He soon learns some heartbreaking news.
- 6-18 177 17 Jan 66 The Legend of Barney Fife Warren begins to question if Barney Fife was the great deputy that he always thought he was.
- 6-19 178 24 Jan 66 Lost and Found Aunt Bee frets when she loses a family heirloom.
- 6-20 179 31 Jan 66 Wyatt Earp Rides Again A travelling wild west show comes to town, featuring the great-nephew (Richard Jury) of famed lawman Wyatt Earp.
- 6-21 180 7 Feb 66 Aunt Bee Learns to Drive Goober takes on the difficult task of attempting to teach Aunt Bee how to drive.
- 6-22 181 14 Feb 66 Look Paw, I'm Dancing Opie doesn't want to go to this year's school party, because it is going to be a dance and he has two left feet.
- 6-23 183 21 Feb 66 The Gypsies When Andy orders a group of gypsies (Jamie Farr, Vito Scotti) to leave town, they put a curse on Mayberry in the form of a drought.
- 6-24 182 28 Feb 66 Eat Your Heart out Goober falls head over heels in love with the new waitress at the Mayberry Diner.
- 6-25 184 7 Mar 66 A Baby in the House Aunt Bee is beside herself when her niece's baby cries every time she picks her up.
- 6-26 185 14 Mar 66 The County Clerk Andy tries his best t o get County Clerk Howard Sprague out from under his mother's apron strings.
- 6-27 187 21 Mar 66 The Foster Lady Aunt Bee is selected to appear as the spokeswoman on a television commercial for Foster's Furniture Polish.
- 6-28 186 28 Mar 66 Goober's Replacement When Goober leaves for a fishing trip, his pretty girlfriend, Flora, proves to be a rousing success as his replacement at Wally's service station.
- 6-29 188 4 Apr 66 The Battle of Mayberry Opie proves to be the most unpopular person in town when he brings to light the shocking truth about the infamous Battle of Mayberry.
- 6-30 189 11 Apr 66 A Singer in Town Aunt Bee and Clara Edwards are outraged when their beautiful ode to Mayberry, "My Hometown," is turned into a rock 'n' roll song. 7th Season 1966
- 7- 1 190 12 Sep 66 Opie's Girlfriend Opie doesn't get along with Helen's visiting niece from West Virginia.
- 7- 2 192 19 Sep 66 The Lodge Who in the world blackballed a nice guy like Howard Sprague from joining the Mayberry lodge with the great name of the Regal Order of the Golden Door to Good Fellowship.
- 7- 3 191 26 Sep 66 The Barbershop Quartet Andy realizes that he should not have allowed a prisoner to join the Mayberry barbershop quartet, when the young man escapes.
- 7- 4 195 3 Oct 66 The Ball Game Andy becomes the most despised person in Mayberry when he calls Opie out at home plate in a baseball game against arch rival Mt. Pilot.
- 7- 5 194 10 Oct 66 Aunt Bee's Crowning Glory Aunt Bee becomes the talk of the town when she starts wearing a blonde wig.
- 7- 6 193 17 Oct 66 The Darling Fortune The Darlings make their final visit to Mayberry in order to find brides for the boys.
- 7- 7 199 31 Oct 66 Mind Over Matter Thanks to Floyd and Aunt Bee, Goober is convinced that he is suffering from whiplash after being in a minor car collision.
- 7- 8 200 7 Nov 66 Politics Begin at Home The Taylor household may never be the same when Andy decides to support Howard for town council rather than Aunt Bee.
- 7- 9 197 14 Nov 66 The Senior Play Helen is called on the carpet by the high school principal (Leon Ames) for producing a school play with disgraceful behavior by the student actors.
- 7-10 202 21 Nov 66 Opie Finds a Baby Opie and Arnold find an abandoned infant on the courthouse steps.
- 7-11 198 28 Nov 66 Big Fish in a Small Town Mayberry is in an uproar when novice fisherman Howard Sprague catches an elusive silver carp nicknamed Old Sam.
- 7-12 203 5 Dec 66 Only a Rose Aunt Bee and Clara (Hope Summers) compete in a rose-growing competition.
- 7-13 204 12 Dec 66 Otis the Deputy When Andy is captured by two on-the-lam robbers, it's up to Howard and Otis to become his unlikely heroes.
- 7-14 196 19 Dec 66 Goober Makes History After Goober grows a beard, he starts to believe that he is the smartest man in the world.
- 7-15 201 26 Dec 66 A New Doctor in Town When a young new doctor (William Christopher) replaces old Doc Bennett, many Mayberrians give him a rather chilly reception.
- 7-16 205 2 Jan 67 Don't Miss a Good Bet Floyd and Goober are among the investors in a questionable scheme to unearth a buried treasure.
- 7-17 206 9 Jan 67 Dinner at Eight Headaches, misunderstandings and stomach aches ensue when Goober confuses a couple of Andy's telephone messages. Are you ready for spaghetti?
- 7-18 211 16 Jan 67 A Visit to Barney Fife While visiting Barney in Raleigh, Andy begins to suspect that a rash of supermarket robberies can be traced back to his former deputy's boarding house.
- 7-19 212 23 Jan 67 Barney Comes to Mayberry Back in Mayberry for a few days, Barney tries to rekindle an old flame (Diahn Williams) who has become a big movie star.
- 7-20 207 30 Jan 67 Andy's Old Girlfriend Andy's former flame (Joanna McNeil) returns to Mayberry and becomes a temporary guest at the Taylors' home--which doesn't go over well with Helen.
- 7-21 209 6 Feb 67 Aunt Bee's Restaurant Aunt Bee joins Charlie Lee (Keye Luke) as co-owner of Mayberry's new Chinese restaurant.
- 7-22 210 13 Feb 67 Floyd's Barbershop Floyd raises the roof when new landlord Howard Sprague raises the barber's rent.
- 7-23 208 20 Feb 67 The Statue Mayberry decides to erect a statue of Andy's great-great grandfather, the town's greatest benefactor.
- 7-24 213 27 Feb 67 Helen the Authoress Helen's negotiations with a handsome book publisher inspire jealousy in Andy, who, in retaliation, takes up with another woman.
- 7-25 214 6 Mar 67 Goodbye Dolly Opie becomes temporary caretaker of a Mayberry milkman's horse. Trouble occurs when the horse refuses to eat.
- 7-26 215 13 Mar 67 Opie's Piano Lesson Opie discovers that football practice and piano lessons are competing for his attention.
- 7-27 216 20 Mar 67 Howard the Comedian When Howard Sprague personalizes his comedy material and appears on a live television program, he unintentionally offends his friends.
- 7-28 217 27 Mar 67 Big Brother Howard volunteers to participate in a Big Brother program, but ends up spending most of his time with his "little brother's" bigger sister (Elizabeth MacRae).
- 7-29 218 3 Apr 67 Opie's Most Unforgettable Character Opie experiences difficulty when he tries to write an essay about his father.
- 7-30 219 10 Apr 67 Goober's Contest Goober's "Grab-bag for Cash" contest goes awry when he mistakenly issues a bogus $200.00 prize-winning ticket. 8th Season 1967
- 8- 1 220 11 Sep 67 Opie's First Love Opie is crushed when his first love (Morgan Brittany) accepts but then rejects his invitation to a big dance.
- 8- 2 224 18 Sep 67 Howard the Bowler Howard Sprague is in the midst of bowling a perfect game when a power outage disrupts the match.
- 8- 3 227 25 Sep 67 A Trip to Mexico Aunt Bee is thrilled to win an all-expenses-paid trip for two to Mexico. However, which of her friends will she choose to accompany her?
- 8- 4 226 2 Oct 67 Andy's Trip to Raleigh Andy has some explaining to do to Helen when he returns from a "business" trip to Raleigh with a sunburn.
- 8- 5 225 9 Oct 67 Opie Steps Up in Class Andy and Aunt Bee put on airs when Opie becomes friendly with the son of a wealthy bank director.
- 8- 6 222 16 Oct 67 Howard's Main Event Howard Sprague is smitten with Millie Hutchins (Arlene Golonka), an employee of Boysinger's Bakery. Her last boyfriend (Allan Melvin), however, is the jealous type.
- 8- 7 223 23 Oct 67 Aunt Bee, the Juror Aunt Bee causes contro versy when she hangs a jury on the basis that the defendant (Jack Nicholson) does not look like a criminal.
- 8- 8 228 30 Oct 67 Tape Recorder Opie and Arnold hear a little more information about a prisoner (Herbie Faye) than they should, after they plant a small tape recorder in his cell.
- 8- 9 229 6 Nov 67 Opie's Group Opie and his pals form a rock 'n' roll band and Andy worries when his schoolwork starts to suffer.
- 8-10 230 13 Nov 67 Aunt Bee and the LecturerA visiting professor (Edward Andrews) is attracted to Aunt Bee because she resembles his deceased wife.
- 8-11 231 20 Nov 67 Andy's Investment Andy opens a self-serve Laundromat in order to save money for Opie's college fund.
- 8-12 233 27 Nov 67 Howard and Millie Howard and Millie's wedding plans are in jeopardy when they take a train trip to Millie's hometown in West Virginia.
- 8-13 234 4 Dec 67 Aunt Bee's Cousin Aunt Bee's visiting cousin Bradford (Jack Albertson) promises to sell her luscious homemade ice cream internationally and make the Taylor family a fortune.
- 8-14 232 11 Dec 67 Suppose Andy Gets Sick Law and order in Mayberry goes berserk when Andy is forced to swear in Goober as a deputy after he comes down with the flu.
- 8-15 235 18 Dec 67 Howard's New Life Howard Sprague tires of the daily grind and decides to move to a Caribbean Island.
- 8-16 221 25 Dec 67 Goober the Executive Andy and Emmett co-sign a bank loan that enables Goober to buy Wally's filling station.
- 8-17 237 1 Jan 68 The Mayberry Chef Unbeknownst to Aunt Bee, Andy and Opie suffer from poor eating at home while she stars as television chef.
- 8-18 236 8 Jan 68 Emmett's Brother-in-law In order to increase his income, Emmett closes his beloved fix-it shop and starts selling insurance.
- 8-19 239 15 Jan 68 Opie's Drugstore Job Responsible Opie is given the task of running the drugstore while the owner is away.
- 8-20 238 22 Jan 68 The Church Benefactors When the church acquires money from an estate, one faction wants to buy new choir robes, while another group wants to fix a structure problem within the house of worship.
- 8-21 240 29 Jan 68 Barney Hosts a Summit Meeting In Don Knotts' final appearance on the show, Barney brings the East and West together in sleepy Mayberry for a summit meeting.
- 8-22 242 5 Feb 68 Goober Goes to an Auto Show Goober feels like a failure when one of his old classmates (Noam Pitlik) appears to be quite successful.
- 8-23 243 12 Feb 68 Aunt Bee's Big Moment To the surprise of everyone, Aunt Bee is bound and determined to learn how to fly an airplane.
- 8-24 244 19 Feb 68 Helen's Past All of Mayberry is in shock when it's discovered that teacher Helen Crump was once arrested on a felony charge.
- 8-25 245 26 Feb 68 Emmett's Anniversary Tightfisted Emmett Clark decides to throw caution to the wind and buy his wife, Martha, a mink coat as an anniversary gift.
- 8-26 246 4 Mar 68 The Wedding When Howard's mother gets married and moves away, he decides to change his lifestyle and become a swinging bachelor.
- 8-27 247 11 Mar 68 Sam for Town Council Emmett gets upset with Andy, Howard and Goober, when they decide to support local farmer Sam Jones for town council instead of him.
- 8-28 248 18 Mar 68 Opie and Mike Young Mike Jones looks up to Opie as a big brother. However, their relationship is strained when Opie falls for a new girl in town.
- 8-29 249 25 Mar 68 A Girl for Goober On a lark, lonely Goober Pyle decides to try a computer dating service.
- 8-30 241 1 Apr 68 Mayberry RFD Sam Jones is joined in Mayberry by his old Army buddy, Mario Vinchenti, and his family.
Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.